My Shopping List
BBQ Beef Brisket
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 6
Baked potato and tossed green salad.
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 3 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2-1/2 to 3-lb boneless beef brisket
+ 3/4 c. barbecue sauce
+ 1/2 c. dry red wine
+ 2 Tbsp. chili powder
+ 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
+ 1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
What to do:
1. Combine rub ingredients; press onto beef brisket. Place brisket, fat side up, in stockpot.
2. Combine barbecue sauce and wine; pour around brisket. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hrs. or until brisket is fork-tender.
3. Remove brisket. Skim fat; cook cooking liquid, uncovered, 8 to 10 min. or until reduced to 1 c..
4. Carve brisket diagonally across the grain. Serve with sauce.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Zinfandel, Merlot, White Zinfandel