My Shopping List
Quick Italian Lasagna Bake
Courtesy of Schnucks
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 40 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 Tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
+ 1 c. onion, chopped
+ 1 lb. Schnucks salsiccia,+ casings removed if necessary
+ 1 jar (26 oz.) Schnucks mushroom pasta sauce
+ 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce with basil and garlic
+ 1 pkg. (12 oz) Schnucks oven-ready no-boil lasagna noodles
+ 1 pkg. (15 oz.) Schnucks part-skim ricotta cheese
+ 1 bag (8 oz.) Schnucks shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
+ Salsiccia is an Italian pork sausage that is not smoked or cured. Salsiccia is available in links and must be cooked before eating.
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In 12-in. skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook 5 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Add sausage and cook 5-7 min. or until browned, breaking up meat with side of spoon. Stir in pasta sauce and tomato sauce; cool 5 min.
3. Spoon 1 heaping cup sauce evenly in bottom of 11-1/2x8-in. glass baking dish; arrange 3 uncooked lasagna noodles over sauce.
4. Spread 1-1/4 c. sauce over noodles. With spatula or spoon, spread 1/3 ricotta over sauce, but you do not need to cover sauce completely. Repeat layering of lasagna noodles, sauce and ricotta 2 more times; sprinkle top evenly with mozzarella.
5. Bake lasagna 30 min. cover loosely with foil and bake 10 min. longer. Let stand 10 min. for easier serving.